Large format tiles have become very popular of late with many interior design magazines and publications. Most large format tiles are around 400 mm or larger. At CTM Flooring, we have tiles that are as big as 750x1500mm. While transport and installation can be a little difficult, no one can deny that the end result is pretty amazing. We recommend this material to all our customers when they want to replace their flooring. To date, all of our clients have loved the impact large format tiles have on the overall décor.
The Benefits of Large Format Tiles
There are many benefits that make large format tiles a worthwhile investment. This isn’t a new trend because big tiles have been around for many years now but some clients are hesitant to install them. Here are some reasons why you should consider it:
- Space – Large tiles open up a room and make it look expansive while small tiles have the opposite effect. If you have a small room, these tiles should make the room feel more open and airy. Rectangular shaped tiles can elongate the room and give the illusion of space, which is always a good thing.
- Beauty – These tiles look stunning, especially if they’re paired with large wall tiles as well. This gives the room continuity and flow, which makes it look big and expansive. Large tiles offer a very distinctive aesthetic appeal that’s unmatched by other flooring materials. These tiles also look very luxurious, especially if you pick natural stone designs.
- Maintenance – Large tiles are very easily to clean and maintain because they surface area is big and there are fewer grout lines. These can get dirty easily, and compromise the visual appeal of the floor; so fewer grout lines are definitely a big benefit of large format tiles. You’ll save considerable amount of money on regular maintenance and grout cleaning.
Things to Remember
Large format tiles can be a little tricky in some cases, they look great but in others, they can be an eyesore. Here are some things you need to keep in mind for this flooring option:
- Tell us you want a large format tile floor before we begin working on the surface. Large tiles can break and crack if the floor underneath isn’t perfectly level and flat. We’ll prepare the surface to make sure it’s ideal for large tiles so you won’t have to deal with problems down the line.
- You need to choose the right design for your floor and our experts can help with that. We’re familiar with the best manufacturers available in the market and know how to gauge the quality of the tile. We’ll help you choose the right product.
We’ve the experience and still to work with large format tiles so don’t hesitate to hire us for the job. If you want to know more, don’t hesitate to contact us at CTM Flooring. Our number is 02 9002 4140 for Sydney and 02 4322 8377 for Central Coast. We’ll be happy to hear from you.